She called the dessert Berry Dream, and certainly it was exactly that! The little glasses had layers of delicious flavors and textures. The bottom layer was made with crispy crumbled meringue, next was a layer of delicious whipped cream, and on top of that was a layer of delicious mixed berries. The whole dessert was topped off with a scoop of amazing vanilla ice cream, a frozen raspberry and a mint leaf. I don’t think anyone spoke for three minutes while we gobbled this dessert down! That’s how good it was.
I was able to “steal” the recipe from her, and I wanted to share it with you! I think it is a perfect summer treat, and its colors are perfect for 4th of July celebrations!
What you need:
*Berries: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, black currants (cassis), red currants (johannisbeeren)
*1 tbsp brown sugar
*meringue (crispy, store-bought or homemade)
*vanilla ice cream
Here’s how you make it:
1. Mix the berries, lemon zest, and brown sugar in a bowl. Be sure to slightly crush some of the berries in order to release the juice. This makes a nice little berry syrup. Refrigerate the berry mixture for a couple of hours (its best after a day).
2. To assemble the dessert once the berry mixture is ready, begin by crushing the crispy meringue. Place the crushed meringue into the bottom of each cup.
3. Next, layer the fresh whipped cream on top of the meringue.
4. After the fresh whipped cream has been layered, add a layer of the berry mixture.
5. Top each cup with a generous scoop of softened vanilla ice cream.
6. Garnish each scoop of ice cream with a raspberry and a mint leaf.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! Please let me know if you try the recipe! I love hearing from you!
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check back for more updates!